Church buildings take lots of upkeep, and the Building and Grounds Committee works hard to keep the church in good repair, clean, and the grounds in good shape. It also oversees usage of the building by outside groups.
So, then, as we have the opportunity, let us do well to everyone, and especially to those who are in the household of faith. Galatians 6:10
GOAL: Give the proper care and assistance to the members of our church (or other request) who need or desire care, due to circumstances that occur or have occurred.
* In accordance with the Book of Order, the Committee shall provide for the "preservation of the truth" as professed in our Reformed tradition of faith.
* Recruit, train and equip leaders in the educational programs of the church. Plan a variety of learning opportunities for our members such that we may grow in our understanding and knowledge of God, and Discipleship in accordance with the Reformed Faith. Promote learning opportunities for our members both within and outside the congregation.
* The Christian Education Committee shall include at least two elders, in addtion to the hired Director of Children's Ministry.
The Fellowship and Hospitality Committee plans get-togethers for the congregation like church suppers, or outings to see plays, visits to historic churches, browsing through interesting towns, or just eating out together and listening to some bluegrass. The Committee also looks for ways to help our visitors feel welcomed and at home at MJPC.
* In accordance with the Book of Order (G-10.0400) the Finance and
Administration Committee shall provide for the Financial Support of the Church; have oversight over the stewardship of time, talent, and treasure in our congregation; and provide a forma process by which the session may select and evaluate the professional staff.
* The Committee also has the important task of the annual Stewardship Campaign, which helps us to plan our budget efficiently every year.
* The Finance & Administration Committee shall include at least two elders.
* In accordance with the Book of Order, the Committee shall lead the congregation in promoting "social righteousness and exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world" (G-1.0200).
* The Committee shall promote the work and love of our Lord Jesus Christ through service to the world and to support mission projects locally, nationally and internationally.
* The Mission Committee shall include at least two elders.
Personnel Committee Responsibilities
Session Personnel Committee
Purpose: To provide for an orderly, focused and considerate means for the session to build a healthy work environment.
Membership: Three persons: one from the session, one of whom shall be appointed chair by the session, and three members from the congregation. The pastor serves as an ex-officio member.
All members are appointed by the session. The committee will be divided into classes which are determined by the session’s normal rotation process. No one may serve more than two consecutive terms.
Meetings: The committee shall meet at least quarterly and on the call of the chairperson and pastor.
* In accordance with the Book of Order, the Committee shall provide for the 'proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind and the maintenance of divine worship' (G-1.0200).
* The Committee shall plan, in conjunction with the pastor and music staff, regular and special worship services, and to provide worship services support.
* The Worship Committee shall include at least two elders.