The Mission Committees project to make pillowcase dresses to send to the Blackburn Learning Center in Jamaica has been completed and 26 dresses were made. Thanks to everyone who participated.
* As the MJPC Summer Open House was drawing to a close, the Celebration Banner was also nearing completion.
* Is your square complete? Has it been added to the banner?
* As a congregation, we willingly join together in service to Christ. Each person's selection of activities in which he/she can commit their time and talent help to make MJPC a vibrant and inviting church community for members and visitors alike.
* How can you help?
The Covenant Presbyterian Church Choir, under the leadership of Minister of Music Wanda Ramm (right, lower photo) and Church Musician Jeff Bottoms, performed a spiritual program of song entitled "Feel the Spirit" by John Rutter as part of the Mount Jefferson Presbyterian Church service this day.
Covenant Presbyterian is in Wendell, NC and the choir performs a weekend tour to other towns so as to serve other congregations to draw closer to God and each other through the message of the music.
"Feel the Spirit" titles included:
"Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho"
"Steal Away" with soloist JoAnn Lanzi, alto
"I Got a Robe" with soloist Angi Petry, soprano
"Every Time I Feel the Spirit" with soloist Mary Selke, soprano
"Deep River" with soloist Joe Hess, bass
"When the Saints Go Marching In"
Two recipients of this year's Haddad Scholarship received their awards from Miriam Haddad.
Open the thumbnail photos to the right; pictured (L to R) are Miriam Haddad reading the award along with Cole Price and Taylor Price, award recipients.
Awardees are shown receiving their awards from Miriam Haddad.
* The church family gathered in Fellowship Hall after service on May 12th to wish Iris Morphew a happy 90th birthday - although the official date wasn't until May 15th.
* Scroll over the thumbnail pictures to the right of Iris and see more pictures from the celebration.
* NOTE: When viewing thumbnails, use your mouse to left click on the (F)ast, (M)edium or (S)low controller found in the upper right corner of any image displayed...doing so will run a slide show of all the images at the rate of speed selected. Enjoy!
Pictured (L to R):
Wanda Gervasi and Iris upon entering Fellowship Hall
Jim Morphew, Iris and Annie Ciaverilla
Wanda Gervasi presenting roses to Iris
Mannon Eldreth reading a poem written for Iris by Gail Blackburn
Jim Morphew and Iris
Al Farthing offering up well wishes from the entire congregation
MJPC has a new means of communication with the congregation called Skylines Call Tree.
The Call Tree lets us record a voice message, and then Call Tree will call each person & play the recorded message. We can also send a text to your cell phone if you would rather get messages that way!
We will still be using emails to get info out to the congregation...having Call Tree simply gives us additional communication options from which to choose when we need to get info to you ASAP.
Now, YOU need to contact Doris Facsko, Church Secretary, to provide input as to how you will want to be informed using this new service. Don't delay!
* We're pleased to welcome Mike back to MJPC for this mornings worship service, April 7, 2013.
* Mike and his family will be moving to Wynne, Arkansas where he will begin his ministry as Pastor. Best wishes, Mike!
* Enjoy the YouTube video of Mike's sermon, "Doubting Thomas," below.