The Easter Cantata program originally scheduled for March 25, 2018 has been RESCHEDULED UNTIL APRIL 8, 2018 due to the threat of a winter storm for the High Country on that Sunday. The program with updated information, can be opened/read/printed by clicking here...mark your calendar for the new date and be sure to not miss it!
From: Eric Thomas, MJPC Music Director
Unfortunately, due to the weather forecast we are postponing Sunday's concert and canceling Saturday's rehearsals.
I know this throws a monkey wrench into a lot of lives, as it does mine. Choir members have worked so hard and diligently--However with 4-6 inches of heavy, wet snow (more in higher elevations) bearing down on us and with some of our participants coming from as far as Tennessee--we feel this is a responsible course of action to take.
We are tentatively rescheduling for the Sunday after Easter. I will be in contact with each of you to see if you might be able to accommodate that day.
God Bless you All-
Director of Music Ministries
Mount Jefferson Presbyterian Church
The weekday bible study began meeting in the church parlor on this date to begin their Lenten study led by Pastor, Will Heyward. A couple of extra study books are still available at $5 each...see Will for more information.
* The MJPC congregation was treated to a Winter Music Fest following church on January 28th...there were musical numbers by several persons to entertain the church including Al Farthing and Dick McPhatter (shown upper right), the children puppeteers with a rendition of the Bill Gaither Trio's "I Am a Promise" (bottom right), Sabrina Oliver and her brother Tim, Eric Thomas and Kathy Thomas.
* See a “special” performance by Iris Morphew which only Iris can do!
* In addition to the pictures (shown top and bottom right) open the thumbnail photographs to see more of the performers.
* The men of the church, under the direction of session Building and Grounds leader, Charles Young, spent a work day in January replacing all the old fluorescent lights which required a ballast with new, LED bulbs that are MUCH brighter throughout the hallways, fellowship hall and the lower level of the church.
* Thanks to all the dedicated workers!
The MJPC members enjoyed a meal in fellowship hall following worship on December 3rd at which time donations were accepted for the annual Joy Gift offering.
The joint worship celebration with holy communion included the First Baptist Church, Mount Jefferson Presbyterian Church and West Jefferson Methodist Church.