Plan to attend our Church Family Fellowship this Sunday, April 22nd! If you have not yet signed up for the hot dog lunch, please let us know how many from your family are coming: e-mail Wanda at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Friday!
* ATTENTION! This is a survey to assess the viewership of the Mount Jefferson Presbyterian Church family who visit our website in order to learn about news, events and the other information posted that is important to our congregation.
* Visitors to the site who respond to this survey, as noted below, will be eligible to receive a prize!!
* This posting will be available in the News and Events subdirectory for one week, beginning on April 13 and lasting until April 20, 2018.
* If you opened this post on our website and would like to be entered for a chance to win the survey prize, please click on the below link to send an e-mail that will have the subject “I visited the MJPC webpage” and a message “Please add me to the drawing.“
* After the survey period expires, all e-mails received that are dated during the required time frame will have the senders name included in a pool of eligible participants. One winner will be chosen to receive a “Thanks a Dozen” $15 gift card that can be redeemed for their next purchase at any Krispy Kreme donut store.
* The odds of being chosen will depend on the total number of e-mails received and while it is hoped that many persons in our MJPC family are keeping up with important news and events posted on our website, if only one (1) person responds, then that individual will be the winner!
* GOOD LUCK and thank you in advance for your interest in our Mount Jefferson Presbyterian Church website.
Email: Enter the survey
The Easter Cantata program, At The Ninth Hour, words by Tom Long and music by Allen Pote, was held on April 8, 2018 @ 3:00 PM. The program which can be opened and viewed in a video file is available by clicking here.
Here are some photographs taken of the Easter Holy Week Services at the West Jefferson Baptist Church.
The weekday bible study began meeting in the church parlor on this date to begin their Lenten study led by Pastor, Will Heyward. A couple of extra study books are still available at $5 each...see Will for more information.
* The MJPC congregation was treated to a Winter Music Fest following church on January 28th...there were musical numbers by several persons to entertain the church including Al Farthing and Dick McPhatter (shown upper right), the children puppeteers with a rendition of the Bill Gaither Trio's "I Am a Promise" (bottom right), Sabrina Oliver and her brother Tim, Eric Thomas and Kathy Thomas.
* See a “special” performance by Iris Morphew which only Iris can do!
* In addition to the pictures (shown top and bottom right) open the thumbnail photographs to see more of the performers.
* The men of the church, under the direction of session Building and Grounds leader, Charles Young, spent a work day in January replacing all the old fluorescent lights which required a ballast with new, LED bulbs that are MUCH brighter throughout the hallways, fellowship hall and the lower level of the church.
* Thanks to all the dedicated workers!