* This month the Sharing Center celebrates 30 years of service to our community. In celebration of this service they are asking you to help them meet a special challenge. The Feinstein Foundation (www.feisnsteinfoundation.org) is offering a matching challenge of all monies and food collected for the months of March and April. They will be dividing $1M proportionately among all agencies participating.
* The sharing center has served our community faithfully. In 2011 they served 2,003 families (5,781 individuals) and in 2012 the need grew to 4,300 families (13,212 individuals).
* To celebrate their 30 years of service the center is issuing a $30 for 30 challenge (which can count with the Feinstein challenge). They are asking everyone to give $1 for each year of service, thus $30. Since they have partnered with Second Harvest and a federal agency, that $30 could buy 38 cans of veggies, 15 dozen eggs, 10 boxes of cereal, 10 boxes of hamburger meat and 30 cans of fruit. That is an incredible amount of food items for $30.
* Our March 10th bulletin will have a special envelope for your donations. Of course, any donation amount would be greatly appreciated and this month your donations will be twice as valuable. If you still like to donate food there is a list of items that are always needed on the bulletin board.
* The Sharing Center thanks you for helping them to take care of those in need in Ashe County.
* This month the Mission Committee is working hard to encourage a candidate from our college aged students to participate in the Mexico Mission Trip in July.
* We are also completing the schedule for the Ashe Outreach Community Meal program from our church family. The meal is offered from 11-1 p.m. every Saturday at the former West Jefferson Elementary School. We have 12 members of our congregation that work on the 1st or 2nd Saturday of every month. If this sounds like something in which you would like to participate, please call the church office.
The Mission Committee provides outreach through volunteer hours and financial support to many local and international missions. Giving is a strength that is not of man. It's a strength that can only be fueled by the power of love from God.
Check regularly under News & Events for more information.
Ashe Outreach Ministry
Relay for Life
A Safe Home for Everyone
Ashe County Free Medical Clinic
Ashe Services for the Aging
Christmas Child Project
Community in School
Character Recognition Blue Ridge School
Camp New Hope
Habitat for Humanity